Submitted by cosamo_admin on Monday, April 15, 2013 - 09:14.
***MEDIA ADVISORY/CALENDAR OF EVENT LISTING***
Mother’s Day of Beauty At Bleu Sur Bleu Salon To Benefit Gilda’s Club
Hosted By Love Your Color Non-Permanent Hair Color
Monday, May 6, 2013
Bleu Sur Bleu Hair Salon in the Flatiron District
4 E. 23rd St, & Broadway
N, R, F, M, 6 trains to 23rd St.
A day of beauty to benefit the members of Gilda’s Club NYC (GCNYC) and their moms, who will be treated to complimentary hair-coloring and styling by Love Your Color non-permanent hair color, which works gently to color hair without containing harsh chemicals.
Complimentary for Gilda’s Club NYC members and their mothers via appointment
Open to the public: walk-ins for coloring and styling based on availability, with 100% of proceeds going to GCNYC
To recognize the emotional and social support GCNYC provides individuals living with cancer.
Gilda’s Club New York City creates welcoming communities of free support for everyone living with cancer - men, women, teens and children - along with their families and friends. Our innovative program is an essential complement to medical care, providing networking and support groups, workshops, educational lectures and social activities, all free of charge. We provide our program in a beautiful, non-residential homelike setting: our clubhouse is in a four-story brownstone on West Houston Street in Manhattan. Gilda Comes to You, our satellite program, is currently in six locations around New York City. Visit www.GildasClubNYC.org for more information.
Submitted by cosamo_admin on Thursday, April 11, 2013 - 15:48.
We all heard of the "The 10 commandments" before, could have heard of them from our families, seen the movie, or even studied it at Sunday school. Today we bring to you the 10 commandments of hair dye, information we are certain, was not given to us from Moses.
1. Thou shalt know thyself: Understand your natural color. Knowing where you are will always help you understand where you want to go.
2. Thou shalt not try to change color that is more than 2 shades lighter or darker than your current look
3. Thou shalt not wash thy hair before coloring
4. Remember to always perform a strand test
5. Honour thy box : Don’t always rely on the front of the box for color accuracy. Check the shades on the back or side for a more accurate description of color tones
6. Thou shalt cover thy hair after dyeing : Using the cap will help the color penetrate the hair more effectively for a longer lasting, better performing color
7. Thou shalt not be stingy with application: Especially true for those with thick hair, one box of color is not always enough
8. Thou shalt deep condition after coloring: This important step will improve shine, add moisture and lock in the color
9. Remember to follow the instructions that are given to you: They are created for a reason
10. Thou shalt seek out colors that are less damaging to hair: Try to avoid products that are filled with harsh chemicals like ammonia, peroxide and PPD. These chemicals will only further damage your follicles.