How To Get Rid Of Frizz!
Nothing is more frustrating than dealing with summer humidity. You can spend hours styling your hair but once you walk outside the frizz is inescapable. In the summer, frizzy hair is most commonly caused by humidity, but during the winter season the frizz your hair might develop is caused by static. Either way we have discovered 5 easy treatments that you can use to prevent the unfortunate side effects of humidity and static! Keep reading to get prepared for those not so fun humid days!
- Coconut oil: In previous posts we have discussed the benefits that coconut oil can have not only in the kitchen but on your skin and hair as well! Coconut oil is extremely hydrating and it's also a popular scent especially in the summer time! This treatment involves just applying some coconut oil to your hair, easy right? The oil works like a hair serum adding a lot of moisture so you want to avoid getting any in your roots. Focus mainly on your ends or wherever your hair feels and looks the most dry. You will immediately notice the shine in your hair and the smell will be irresistible!
- Apple cider vinegar: This DIY involves no mess or mixing all you need is apple cider vinegar and water (if you don't like the smell of vinegar.) The acidity of apple cider vinegar will help to smooth frizzy hair and also give a healthy shine! This easy one step process can be achieved while you're in the shower. After you have washed and rinsed your hair with a shampoo, pour the apple cider vinegar all over your hair. You want the vinegar to sit for at least 30 seconds before rinsing it out. We reccommend using cool water and then following up with any conditioner!
- Avocado and olive oil: Avocado has several health benefits and also hydrating benefits which will work wonders for your hair! You have probably heard of/used hair masks that have avocado and that's because it is a good kind of fatty acid that will help to tame any frizz! To make this mask for your hair all you'll need to do is mash up 1 avocado in a bowl, than add in just a splash of olive oil which is also very hydrating! Whip the mixture together and cover your hair after you have washed with shampoo. Leave the mask on your hair for about 30 minutes and then follow up with a rinse and conditioner! Using a conditioner may help to get rid of any bad scent and it will also make your hair extra smooth!
- Egg and olive oil: Eggs are not only a nutritious meal to have for breakfast, they are also naturally moisturizing for your hair! The fats and proteins found in egg yolk and the enzymes that kill bacteria in egg whites will work together to get rid of any frizz your hair has! Start by whisking one raw egg with a spoonful of olive oil, the olive oil will help to lock the moisture in your hair! We reccommend applying the mixture before shampooing and conditioning. Let the mixture absorb for about 30 minutes before rinsing and washing!
- Carbonated water: Whenever you feel like you're starting to get sick the first thing you should do is chug a big glass of water! Keeping hydrated is very important especially in the summer and that is why a carbonated water rinse is perfect for your hair as well! The low pH level of carbonated water will reduce any frizz just like apple cider vinegar (minus the funky smell.) So another alternative to getting rid of frizz is rinsing your hair with carbonated water after you have washed with shampoo and conditioner!
Hope this was helpful!
Let us know what you think!
Like us on Facebook!
Follow us on Instagram @cosamo_usa!
Check out our Store Locator!
Join the Cosamo Community
Stay informed on our latest news!