Drinking milk will help build strong bones and keep you healthy, but did you know that milk can be used to benefit your hair and skin! Stylecraze.com says, “Milk is generally known for its high content of calcium, but it is a treasure of many other vital nutrients that can provide you endless health benefits. It is also a wonderful beauty aid. Milk plays an important role in overall nutrition and health.”Here are some of the benefits of using milk on your hair and skin!
According to thirdage.com, “The proteins and lipids in milk work to strengthen hair, while the calcium promotes hair growth and aids in preventing hair loss. Milk also contains other hair-friendly nutrients like Vitamins A, B6, biotin and potassium, all of which work to keep hair soft and shiny.”
- Milk-Conditioning: You can use milk to condition your hair; it has properties that are great for moisturizing dry locks. All you have to do it fill a spray bottle with cold milk and spray your hair with it. Then comb your hair and let it sit for 30 minutes and then wash it out. Click here for a step by step tutorial!
- Treat Dry Scalp: Since milk it very moisturizing it can be perfect for curing dry scalp. com says, “Rubbing it on your scalp can nourish your hair from the inside out. Just smear some milk all over your scalp and wash off after a few minutes. This will make your hair naturally soft and silky.
- Adds Volume and Body: If you mix together milk, an egg and honey you will create the perfect hair mask that will give your hair volume and body. Click here for a step-by-step tutorial!
- Skin Cleanser: Raw milk is great for cleansing your pores of dirt and gunk and will prevent further blackheads. com says, “Dab raw milk all over your clean face. Using a clean cotton ball or washcloth, gently rub the milk over your skin in a gentle circular motion. You'll be surprised to see how much dirt you'll be wiping off with the cotton ball. Do this every day for a clean grease-free supple face.”
- Moisturizer: Not only does milk cleanse your skin but it can also moisturize your skin. comsays, “Milk can help to keep your skin moisturized throughout the day. You can take some raw unboiled milk along with its cream. Dip a washed cloth in it such that it is fully saturated. Apply this milk on your wash cloth and allow it to dry for about 5 to 15 minutes. Now scrub your face gently with the wash cloth for 3 to 5 minutes. This will restore the natural moisture of your skin, improve its elasticity and make it smooth and supple such that your skin looks fresh and glowing.”
Helps fix irritated skin and sunburn: If you have an allergic reaction to something or a cut that just won’t heal, you can use milk soothe it. Stylecraze.com suggests, “You apply sweet milk, sour cream or butter milk on irritated or sensitive skin, and allow it to dry.” Healthmunsta.com suggests, “Use a cotton ball or a soft washcloth dipped in cold milk to soothe and relieve sunburns. Milk creates a thin protein film that protects skin and cools off burning sensations. Use whole fat milk for sunburns as it contains healthy fat that soothes skin and also lubricates it.”