Whether you just got a blowout at your favorite salon or did it yourself, you want it to last for as many days as possible! We want to share with you some tips that will help your great hair day turn into a great hair week! Try out any of these tips and enjoy your blowout for a couple more days!
- Preparation starts before bed this might sound strange but the type of pillowcase that you sleep on matters! Invest in a satin pillowcase because unlike cotton pillowcases they won't absorb the moisture from your hair. If you are sleeping on a satin pillowcase your blowout will stay shiny and smooth which is key in making a good hair day last! You also want to avoid sleeping with your hair down. A lot of women will leave their hair down in hopes that it will look the exact same when they wake up. Unfortunately if you are tossing and turning in your sleep you are going to wake up with some crazy hair! Instead try putting your hair up into a loose bun on the top of your head and secure with a creaseless hair tie (we mentioned these in our Friday Favorites!) This will ensure that you still have volume in your hair when you wake up the next day!
- Before getting into the shower twist your hair back into a clip. By twisting your hair you create a barrier for the hairs underneath, protecting moisture. If you own a shower cap or thick headband you might also want to wear either one, this will also protect your hair from getting showered on!
- If you feel like your blowout is starting to look a little greasy don't panic! Dry shampoo is your solution to any oily roots or even flatness! Using a dry shampoo will add texture and volume to your hair reviving your blowout and making it look as if you just walked out of the salon! Section off your hair and mist the product underneath your hair focusing mainly on your roots!
- These next tips depend on your hair type. If you are someone who has naturally oily hair then using dry shampoo will help to soak up excess oil and give your blowout the volume and lift that it needs. If you have frizzy hair then you want to focus on serums and other moisturizing products that will help smooth out your hair. If you wake up the next morning and your hair looks like a frizzy mess try applying a product such as Moroccan Oil to the ends of your hair!
- Don't touch! After you get a blowout the temptation to touch it every five seconds is hard to resist. If you want your blowout to last without it getting too greasy then you need to keep your hands off! Try your hardest to touch your hair as little as possible throughout the day this will prevent any oil from your hands getting in your hair! When you are constantly touching your hair it can cause frizz and even breakage so make sure you don't especially if you want your blow out to last!